Monday, October 22, 2007

Forever Changed



My favorite blog is Swerve the blog from Pastor Craig at Lifechurch.tv. Most days the topics are about leadership and the future of the church, great stuff. But today, after a week of intense blogs about the future of the church Craig lightened things up with a blog about his kids. This got me thinking about my kids. And the truth is I am forever changed. If I am being completely honest my three make me crazy a lot of the time, three kids under four is a hand full and poor Ange has to keep up with them all day, God give her grace and strength.

Maddox is all boy and almost never slows down. Chloe is mostly mellow, but very sensitive and even though she is the best behaved can be the most stubborn and difficult (she is just like me) and Arielle is the life of the party and in the middle of every conflict. Yes, most days they make me crazy, I think it has more to do with the ages then anything and I know it will et easier (in some ways) as they get older, but they challenge me every day and force me to chose what kind of man I am going to be.

Am I going to be selfish and short tempered, are I going to be gentle and understanding, am I going to be merciful and gracious, or will I be judgmental and hash. I'd like to say that I always reflect the character of Christ in my dealings, sadly that is not always the case. But I am learning.

I have never been someone who cried, tears have never come easy for me, it goes back to something in childhood, but that is another blog altogether, but suffice it to say I don't really cry ever often, or at least I never used to. Ange soften me a bit, but my kids have really melted my heart. I now have a little understanding of what God feels, a glimpse into the Father Heart of God, I now feel closer to the Lord because of my kids. I am forever changed and will continue to be changed and it is a very good thing.

Thanks guys, Daddy loves you!


No comments: