Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Here We Go Again

Here we go again, I am mentally, emotionally, and spiritually preparing myself for one more try at making this place work. It is an inner battle, this place has so much potential; to see it wasted would be a crime. And the fact that I have invested the last 12 years of my life here plays a part as well.

From dialogging with people with a clue, the problem here at Lighthouse is a stronghold. Now I am not a demon under every rock kind of guy, but when a church has six different pastors in 35 years, one runs off with the secretary, one is forced out, another's marriage falls apart and he resigns, the next two leave in frustration, and the present pastor has a heart attack and suffers from burn out, obviously there is a real problem that has little to do with my lack of leadership skills!

Scripture tells us very clearly that we do not wrestle with flesh and blood but with principalities and powers, so it should come as no surprise that we are dealing with an unseen enemy, but we tend to forget he is there. C S Lewis paints the write picture in the Screwtape Letters, the enemy wants us to forget that he is there, keep us distracted with other things, when we are busy and distracted we let a lot slip by us.

So with eyes open we head once more into the breach dear friends and we will see what becomes of this place. It is a hard battle and I must be a fool for wanting to clean up other peoples messes, but I am a slave to Christ, here we go anagin.

No comments: